Corn Nuggets anyone?

The place where campers hang out after a long day in the sims.

Moderator: Vincent

gt0163c
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by gt0163c »

SpaceCanada wrote:Try being a vegetarian at camp. I did not ask what the ingredients were in some things (like tater tots) because I did not want to find out.
We had a vegetarian on my adult team this summer. She seemed to do pretty well. Although I think she may have arranged ahead to ensure that there were vegetarian options available for her.
Level I Aug '89-Rockwell
Level II Aug '91-Lockheed Engineering
Level II Aug '92-Lockheed Aerospace-Right Stuff Award
Adult ASA Sept '07-Marshall MS
Adult ASA Train With an Astronaut-Oct '15-Discovery-Commander's Cup, Challenger Award, Alumni Coin
street
Counselor
Counselor

Post by street »

SpaceCanada wrote:Try being a vegetarian at camp. I did not ask what the ingredients were in some things (like tater tots) because I did not want to find out.
Tater Tots are just grated potatoes shaped and fried. The cafe only uses vegetable oils (no peanut, even) to fry. They're as okay as fried food can be.
bnaivar
Camper
Camper

Post by bnaivar »

I have serious doubts about whether or not there's any actual "meat" in any of it. :)
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

In all honesty, the food at Space Camp could be WAY worse! After all, they could be feeding kids old-style MREs or that 'space food' in a tube.

I agree with Boomerang that it is edible for a few weeks but I would not want to live on that stuff for too long.
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
1MileCrash
Camper
Camper

Post by 1MileCrash »

okay well i'm going to ask one about food now.

when i was at Florida back in '97 we had rice that we were all terrified to eat. we swore up and down that if you put your hands over it and saw it in the dark that it would glow from being over radiated. it had a greenish tinge to it just sittin in the bowl. we all did our best to avoid it if at all possible.

anyone there to recall that?
Space Camp - July 1997, Titusville, FL, Team Orion
Space Academy - July 1998, Huntsville, AL, Team BDM
Advanced Space Academy - July 1999, Huntsville, AL, Team Gagarin