Favorite spacecamp meal?

The place where campers hang out after a long day in the sims.

Moderator: Vincent

Space Nerd
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Favorite spacecamp meal?

Post by Space Nerd »

Ok so i know thats not really a good topic but hey its a ligetiment question! personally lunch was usually my favorite because they have really good cake!! Over all my favorite day was Mexican Day it actually tastes like its supposed to!!!
~Space Nerd~

"This is not an anomoly, this is real life" -Dan

Game Over
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Well the food must have improved since the last time i went. When i was there the eggs were runny, the sausages were meteorites, the pancakes were like hockey pucks and anything with cheese on it was like eating rubber. The cake looked good when they managed to keep the flies away but i ussualy stuck with the ice cream. Ofcourse the first 3 years i went they still had the old cafeteria setup. And you had little choice if any of food, thus the chili dogs that made me feel sick on the MAT the first year. I will admit the food improved the last year i was there but there were also mnore choices. At AC we always had good breakfaxt though because at the time they offered a hot breakfast and a continental breakfast. We always went for the continental breakfast and there was no line and the food was actually decent.
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador
Vincent
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Vincent »

One thing people like to criticize the most about camp is the food, but I often just think people like to criticize the food in the cafeteria is because it's food in the cafeteria.

Having eaten in it before and after the remodel, I don't think it was ever that bad...though I could just have low standards for food, I suppose!

One time (and I want to stress that it was one time), they even served ribs!

All-in-all I found the selection of food to be pretty good...certainly doable for a week...and at the very least, I've had worse from cafeterias.
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Well i have to admit that space camp food is better than the food i had in the hospital but i think any food is better than that. One complaint i had one year was when someone found metal flakes in their macaroni and cheese that wasnt real apetising. Oh and i dont know if they still do this but when i went to AC we had hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill every day for lunch we would eat over at the AC are instead of the museum for lunch and those were verry good.
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
LaRsOnAtRiXkIx
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Post by LaRsOnAtRiXkIx »

:x
::sputter-sputter-gag-gag::
space camp food...blech..cant stand it.
agh...if they didnt have diet coke and saltines i wouldnt have eaten anything. ew...::holds stomach::...bad memories.
space camp food was evil..i hated meal times
-kristina-
april 1 ~ april 6, 2001
space academy - team calypso
april 6 ~ april 11, 2003
advanced space academy - team von braun
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

I have to agree most of space camps food wasnt great. Its still better than hospital food but then again i think dog food would be better than hospital food.
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
FatMan
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by FatMan »

hey best food there was was on the edm the onion pizza i had mmmmmmmmmmm with the garlic butter type sauce and the spicy pepper from papa johns i might add but hay the chicken fingers were good and matt tell chris they are chicken fingers and not strips
Lovin' College
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

I have to agree that the pizza we ordered for the edm was the best meal of the week. And on the fourth of July our counselors and counselors for another team let the two teams order pizza for after our last briefing that night.
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
whitestar
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Post by whitestar »

Hmm... this is a tricky one... I'd have to say it was either the Chicken Parmazon (sp?) or the Chicken Courd on Blu (sp?)
Space Adventure History:
June 27 - July 2, 1999: Space Camp: Magellan: Florida
August 13 - August 18, 2000: Space Academy: Ganymede: Alabama
July 6 - July 12, 2002: Advanced Space Academy: Shepard: Alabama
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Well whitestar id either of those were meals prepared in the space camp cafeteria i think i'd rather stick to the pappa johns pizza's.
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Space Nerd
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Post by Space Nerd »

Well the food isnt really that bad but breakfast is exactly the same as LB206 explained it. Personnally i go for the cereal if i have a chance most days your only choice was luckey charms and coco puffs about the only two cereals i wont eat! But the tater tot things are real good probably cause they are fried lol. I dont know a whole lot of people who dont eat those almost every day for breakfast. And i saw alot of people partaking in this as i did too making a sort of egg mc muffin sandwhich thing which was not to bad. My favorite thing about some of the meals is when they kinda run out of desert options and serve Krispy Kreem items. Mmmmmm
And to answer your question LB206 they do not grill at AC any more we eat every meal at the cafeteria except of course our MREs before escape and evasion. At least we got to ride the air conditioned bus.
~Space Nerd~

Game Over
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Well the part aboiut the tater tots is true i always liked those and the grits. But then its hard to mess up grits if you like them. When i was at AC they also offered a continental breakfast in the main cafeteria. Bagels, donuts, fruit, danishes stuff like that it was much better than the hot food they had available. But that was before the remodeled the cafeteria. It's also too bad they dont grill lunch at AC anymore it was ussualy the best meals even if it was the same thing every day it always beat the cafeteria food. And when i was their we didnt get MRE's but having eaten some over the years i'm not complaining.
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
FatMan
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by FatMan »

um i have tsay breakfast was pretty decent except for the hockey puck sausages well ive tried army rations before and they were disgusting man the toilet paper tasted like tuna fish and the tuna fish tasted like toilet paper
Lovin' College
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Well i still didnt like space camp breakfasts but the MRE's were definate;y even worse.
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Space Nerd
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Post by Space Nerd »

Evidentially the best MRE you can get is chilli i on the other hand had spagettie or however you spell that. It was ok i would eat it again. It was at least better than the poor people who had turkey theres nothing worse than meat like that especially when its cold! But i wasnt complaining cause at least they fed us and i just wanted to go do SEAL ops anyways. Partially cause i was sitting outside in hot BDUs and partially cause i was curious about what was gonna happen.
~Space Nerd~

Game Over
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Well we didnt get MRE's BDU's or get to do seal ops we just had plane old escape and evasion and that was enough. And you think BDU's are hot try doing all that stuff wearing a tanker suit. Those things were extremely hot.
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
EmilyLovesNASA
Camper
Camper

Post by EmilyLovesNASA »

I don't eat meat, so I guess that changes a lot, but I loved the food there! I really did! I went to Space Camp four years ago, and then going back to ASA, I actually looked forward to the food. I, too, liked the cake at lunch, and lunch was probably my favorite meal. I liked the biscuits at breakfast, but other than that I had cereal (after I got runny eggs one day). I was happy one day when I saw a doughnut from Krispy Kream! We don't have Krispy Kream in Idaho, but I grew up with them so I was so excited to have one! That was the best thing I had there!!
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

I'll admit the food has improved since they remodeled the cafeteria. Atleast now you also have a few more choices than you use to. With the old cafeteria you ussualy got 1 main dish and a selection of side dishes and even that selection wasnt much. The food still isnt great but its better than it use to be.
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Richasi
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by Richasi »

Woohoo! Breakfasts... I think one time they actually had Burger King food... so that was good. But mostly I stuck to the Lucky Charms. I had never had them until I went to Camp and had to have them all the time when I came back :)

Richasi
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Since i never eat cold serial i just had to stick to whatever hot breakfast foods looked the least disgusting or least burned or runny.
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008