25th anniversary week

The place where campers hang out after a long day in the sims.

Moderator: Vincent

Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

25th anniversary week

Post by Boomerang »

Well tonight wraps up the 25th anniversary of the first space camp week. 25 years ago today that team graduated. Well All i can say is it has been an incredible week. There may have been some room for improvement with the alumni camp from what i saw but it has been a great week none the less. a quick wrap up.

Wednesday- Anniversary of beginning Space camp Session 1 in 1982. The main event of the day the Hall of Fame induction ceremony. In one day i personally met William Shatner,Ed Buckbee and astronauts Jim Halsal, Story Musgave, and Dottie Mettcalfe Linnenberger. I also met Monkeynaut from Hab 1. The dinner and event were great hope i can come to it every year.

Thursday- alumni camp begins met several more Hab 1 people including Richasi, Apollo XI, Benji, Pilotgirl, and some of opur newest or soon to be newest members. Also saw vincent though i had already met him a few weeks ago.

Friday- no major events but did have an ATO with many of the alumni group and also met up with Hot Dog there a good time was had by all.

Saturday- Alumni dinner with astronaut Hoot Gibson followed by an alumni and staff ato to Otters with Hoot Gibson. Also saw the alumni group's secons shuttle mission.

Sunday- lunch with the alumni goup at the marriott and goodbyes. :cry:

Monday- just when i though it was over tonight dinner in shuttle park for campers and staff with Max Q music though not live. and later tonight Fire Works.

So in conclusion in 1 week i have met 4 astronauts, 1 star trek captain and many Hab 1 posters as well as had a fantastic time.
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

You guys missed a great fire works display tonight. It was set against the backdrop of Saturn V replica set to music from Star Trek, Star Wars Top Gun the original battle star galactica and more. Seeing kids so excited to be here over this last week makes me feel like the dream really is still alive. This week has been great and i look forward to the rest of the celebration.
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador
Hotdog
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by Hotdog »

i had a great time myself, driving down for the weekend and meeting many of the Hab1'ers: Boomerang, Pilotgirl, Diesel, Monkeynautt, Apollo XI, Vincent...just to name a few!! I regret not being able to accomplish a few of the things I wanted to during my visit, but the Marriott was nice enough to give me a free nights stay in Sept so i guess I will be coming back then!! I will post more about my visit later. thanks to all who made me feel welcome this weekend!
4-time Space Camp/Academy alumni
1989, 1991*, 1992, 1994
*Right Stuff Award Winner
pilotgirl21
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by pilotgirl21 »

It was a great weekend and I'm glad that I got to meet all of you guys too!
Lisa from Chicago aka White Sox
ASA 7/27-8/1 1997 International Week Gagarin-Pilot
ASA 7/1-7/6 1998 Gagarin-PS
Alumni Adult Weekend 6/14-6/17 2007 Challenger-Commander, Challumbia-Flight Director
Richasi
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by Richasi »

And me! You met me! ;)

I had a fabulous time this past weekend. I'm now contemplating the August camp if I can swing it... I highly doubt it'll happen but I can dream!
Space Camp • June 11-16, 1989 - Session 31 - Martin Marietta
Space Academy, Level 1 • June 16-21, 1991 - Session 24 - BDM
Adult Space Academy • September 26-28, 2003 - Session 52 - Discovery
Alumni Camp • June 14-17, 2007 - Session 38 - Challenger
kidjim25
Junior Camper
Junior Camper

Hi

Post by kidjim25 »

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to say what a great weekend it was and that it was wonderful to meet all of the Hab1 crew that was down there. Vince this website is truly a wonderful outlet for people to reconnect and find out about camp.

I hope we all can meet again soon

sincerely

james
"the commander"
Space Academy July 1995-BDM International
Advanced Space Academy International Week July 1997- Tershkova/Plt
Advanced Space Academy Xmas week 1998- Von Braun/plt
Alumni Weekend 25th anniversary June 2007- Columbia-Shuttle Commander
pilotgirl21
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by pilotgirl21 »

Richasi wrote:And me! You met me! ;)

I had a fabulous time this past weekend. I'm now contemplating the August camp if I can swing it... I highly doubt it'll happen but I can dream!
Yes, we met you too! Of course, how could they forget to mention you? The August camp will be different...since I won't be there...LOL it won't be the same. But maybe it will be a little more organized and those teacher campers won't be around. Keep me posted!
Alumni Adult Weekend 6/14-6/17 2007 Challenger-Commander, Challumbia-Flight Director
monkeynautt
Counselor
Counselor

Post by monkeynautt »

This week was so awesome. We had a real good group of people down there for camp. And the entire team did amazing at Area 51. One of the best parts was hanging out in Otters with Hoot on Saturday night.
-Laura
ASA:
Aug 2001 - Shepard
Aug 2002 - Shepard
July 2003 - Goddard
Dec 2003/Jan 2004 - Von Braun
May/June 2004 - Enterprise
Alumni SA:
June 2007 - Challenger
July 2009 - Columbia
Counselor:
Summer 2009
Robotics Counselor:
Summer 2010
pilotgirl21
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by pilotgirl21 »

monkeynautt wrote:This week was so awesome. We had a real good group of people down there for camp. And the entire team did amazing at Area 51. One of the best parts was hanging out in Otters with Hoot on Saturday night.
Yes, the ATOs were very fun!
Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by Benji »

I also met Don McMonagle at the induction dinner.
Ad astra per aspera.