My Photos

The place where campers hang out after a long day in the sims.

Moderator: Vincent

JennieM
Counselor
Counselor

My Photos

Post by JennieM »

Found my photo albums from summers as a counselor. I'll be uploading them once my husband and I finish moving (and get more memory for my computer). In the meantime, here's one I thought Hotdog may like. It's our team photo. I'm the Smurf on the far right. Team Thiokol is at the top of the pic. I just can't believe it's been 15 years!!! It's amazing how fast time fly by. 8O

Hotdog
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by Hotdog »

Yep, that is us! I am third from the top on the far left. I was so skinny then!

Is that Bart standing next to you, Jen? He gave the best lectures!
4-time Space Camp/Academy alumni
1989, 1991*, 1992, 1994
*Right Stuff Award Winner
JennieM
Counselor
Counselor

Post by JennieM »

No, I can't remember his name, but he was a fellow counselor.

Bart did give great lectures. Great stories. He just didn't do them very often. I was sad to see him leave.
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Great memories seeing the old picture i still have mine in the camp red ringer t-shirt. On an intresting side note and a scary one at that. This year for the 25th anniversary the ringer shirts are back though they have the look of the earlier shirts with an Alabama Space and Rocket Center logo instead of the space camp one on the front and have the 25th anniversary logo on the back. Seeing those things around camp brings back alot of memories.
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador
iheartspacecamp
Camper
Camper

Post by iheartspacecamp »

Boomerang wrote:Great memories seeing the old picture i still have mine in the camp red ringer t-shirt. On an intresting side note and a scary one at that. This year for the 25th anniversary the ringer shirts are back though they have the look of the earlier shirts with an Alabama Space and Rocket Center logo instead of the space camp one on the front and have the 25th anniversary logo on the back. Seeing those things around camp brings back alot of memories.
awesome! :) can't wait until I get mine in august!
Space Camp - 4/14/91 - 4/19-91 - Saturn team
Academy I - 4/18/93 - 4/23/93 - Mart. Marietta B
Academy I - 7/3/94 - 7/8/94 - Thiokol B
Alumni Academy 8/2/07 - 8/5/07 - Columbia
JennieM
Counselor
Counselor

Post by JennieM »

I used to have a shirt with almost every sponser on the back. I know I still have a Level II t-shirt in my closet I wear on a regular basis. Yes, the shirt is at least 15 years old and it still survives! LOL I wonder what I did with the other shirts. I may have them packed away somewhere.
iheartspacecamp
Camper
Camper

Post by iheartspacecamp »

mine are definitely packed away... I have to go dig them up before my alumni session. ;) see if they still fit!
Space Camp - 4/14/91 - 4/19-91 - Saturn team
Academy I - 4/18/93 - 4/23/93 - Mart. Marietta B
Academy I - 7/3/94 - 7/8/94 - Thiokol B
Alumni Academy 8/2/07 - 8/5/07 - Columbia
Hotdog
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by Hotdog »

i wish i still had my Level II shirt. never let your girlfriend borrow clothes that you wanna hang on to, cause chances are, you won't get it back!

:(
4-time Space Camp/Academy alumni
1989, 1991*, 1992, 1994
*Right Stuff Award Winner
b52murph
Camper
Camper

Post by b52murph »

Hotdog wrote:i wish i still had my Level II shirt. never let your girlfriend borrow clothes that you wanna hang on to, cause chances are, you won't get it back!

:(
Were they supposed to always do shirts for Level II? For some reason I didn't get one @ L2 in '90...still have all my others, though.
Jordan "b52murph" Murphy
Camp I, April 1986; Camp, April 1987
Academy I, April 1988; Academy I, April 1989
Academy II, Feb 1990; Aviation Challenge, Jun 1990
CastAway
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by CastAway »

Speaking of sponsor shirts, for the years where they named the teams after the sponsors and actually gave you shirts with your sponsor name on the back, I'm pretty sure I was always team Coke. I might have been Thiokol one year, but it was almost always Coke. So I have Space Camp/Coke Shirts somewhere deep in my archive, though they'll never ever fit me again...
The less time spent in Orion Bay, the better.
des
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by des »

You never know Castaway. I am thinner now than I was when I was your age. When I reached a certain undisclosed age :-) I decided it was time to take a few pounds off, which I did mostly by lots of exercise and eating healthy. So I am about the same weight I was in college.

--des
CastAway wrote:Speaking of sponsor shirts, for the years where they named the teams after the sponsors and actually gave you shirts with your sponsor name on the back, I'm pretty sure I was always team Coke. I might have been Thiokol one year, but it was almost always Coke. So I have Space Camp/Coke Shirts somewhere deep in my archive, though they'll never ever fit me again...
CastAway
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by CastAway »

Hmm... perhaps, but I really don't know how small a shirt I'd be able to fit in at that point...
des
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by des »

Are you speaking of little kiddo shirts from SC vs SA or ASA? As I don't think you would ever be able to fit into *those*. I was thinking maybe you were mid 20s and were speaking of HS shirts. I think you'd actually have to shrink to get into those. But I don't have clothes I had as a kid. Of course, in my case, we are speaking ancient history. (AT least according to my high school students. If I knew then that I would teach high school someday... but I digress. But not too much, will you be working with high school kids "Cast Away"?)

--des
CastAway wrote:Hmm... perhaps, but I really don't know how small a shirt I'd be able to fit in at that point...
CastAway
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by CastAway »

Maybe some day...

Who knows what I was talking about. I have an inability to recall anything I've already said when someone else brings it up online.
des
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by des »

Not to worry, who knows what we were even talking about... :-)

--des
CastAway wrote:Maybe some day...

Who knows what I was talking about. I have an inability to recall anything I've already said when someone else brings it up online.