Hab1.com - New Patches

The place where campers hang out after a long day in the sims.

Moderator: Vincent

I have an interest in getting x patches, where x is:

Poll ended at Fri May 04, 2007 12:49 am

Zero
No votes
One
38%
Two
23%
Three or More
38%

Total votes: 13
gt0163c
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by gt0163c »

Benji wrote:I made the changes you suggested, Hotdog. Gt, I took the nose boom off, but I don't know if you're really going to be able to tell the difference between the planes. It's only a 3" patch.
True. Although the coloring is different (JSF at this point is still flat grey while F-22 has the darker areas). At that scale and with the orientation you've got, about the only other difference would be the slightly larger nozzle exit area on the F-22 and the indentation along the upper surface of the aft fuselage for the two engines, as opposed to the well rounded upper surface aft fuselage due to only having one engine. Basically, the F-22 looks flatter in the fuselage area from behind the cockpit to between the horizontal tails while the F-35 is slightly more rounded/fatter.
I
'll be able to tell, but I've worked on the F-22 and currently work on the F-35 (currently sitting about 10 feet outside the test section where we're doing an F-35 wind tunnel test. Not the quietest of places.). But you're right that most people probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
CastAway
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by CastAway »

Count me in for one. Awesome.
The less time spent in Orion Bay, the better.
Hotdog
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by Hotdog »

Wow! I was emailed a proof of my Thiokol patch today. It looks great!

I still may have a couple left over, so if anyone is interested in buying one from me, send me a message if you haven't already. They will be around $16 a piece.
4-time Space Camp/Academy alumni
1989, 1991*, 1992, 1994
*Right Stuff Award Winner
Vincent
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Vincent »

Indeed it does look great, Hotdog! I'm proud to have two in my collection!

Speaking of patches, I've forgotten nothing! They've been done for some time now (thanks, Benji) and everyone at the first alumni session got (at least) one! So too will everyone at this next session!

After camp ends, check back here as I'll have more details about how you can get one if you weren't able to make it down to camp this Summer!
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

Sign me up! I won't be at the alumni camp but I want a patch too! Let me know how much they cost so I can have the proper change.
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
empress
Camper
Camper

Post by empress »

My only pseudo-suggestion would be to "swap out" the two craft - put the shuttle above the fighter jet. Although I realize the shuttle is on ascent, for the most part, people associate shuttles with space and fighter jets with atmosphere (ie, lower altitude than a shuttle).

I've worked on enough patches to realize that coming up with a design is very hard - making comments is easy. So really - GREAT job, and a VERY INNOVATIVE design!!! Put me down for one!
1986-current: Enterprise Team
"I am the Commander of this ship, and I am responsible for my crew. And I say we're doing whatever we have to, to keep them all alive." - My one-time refusal to Mission Control, thus earning me my call-sign.
Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by Benji »

I think that's a great suggestion, Empress. We might have the beginnings of version 3 on our hands...
Ad astra per aspera.