25th anniversary DVD

The place where campers hang out after a long day in the sims.

Moderator: Vincent

Hotdog
Top Gun
Top Gun

25th anniversary DVD

Post by Hotdog »

so i got my 25th anniversary DVD in the mail today.

i knew this DVD was just going to be a recruiting tool for kids, but part of me hoped the disc would be a window/preview on all of the changes at camp since i was last there over 10 years ago.

what the DVD turned out to be was just a teaser for new recruits. a visual tool to stir interest without revealing much more than the obvious camp highlights from the brochure, in a fast-paced and cleverly edited video montage catering to even the slightest of attention spans. this is not criticism on my part, in fact, i think it is brilliant marketing and will do its job. the graphics looked great and the interface looks cool and will facinate the kids.

HOWEVER, i was left wanting more and had this idea:

To the mothership who is planning all of the anniversary events, can the alumni get a more historical and informative video history of camp, the USSRC, and how it all evolved and changed through the years? I'm talking exhibits, curriculum, sims, everything in detail. Keep in mind this wouldn't be a freebie DVD you would send out as a recruiting tool, but something you could charge money for in your gift shops and online stores for the thousands of alumni (mostly who are adults now) and curious new campers out there who would love this kind of story. Do it the right way with interviews with former campers and legendary councilers from all eras, and rare photographs and footage. Leave no stone unturned. Tie it all together with NASA history and ya got yourself a potential award-winning one-of-a-kind documentary. Do it before some outside independant comes in and does it him/herself! It could come out just in time for christmas 2007. Cha-ching!

What better way to justify the need for a Space Camp Hall of Fame than a video like this! You don't need a cheesy sequel to Space Camp: The Movie. In this world of reality TV, this is the answer! Just my two cents. Looking forward to all great things to come.

Brian Matney
Space Camp/Academy 1989, 1991, 1992, 1994
4-time Space Camp/Academy alumni
1989, 1991*, 1992, 1994
*Right Stuff Award Winner
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

I still don't have my 25th anniversary DVD. I guess they won't send them up here...

On another note though, does anyone know what other anniversary stuff they have at the gift shop besides the polo shirt and the badge? I wanted to get the alumni calendar and the monopoly game if they have them. Unfortunately, my e-mail to the camp store was rejected and sent back. Any help would be great.

Thanks
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
Hotdog
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by Hotdog »

i imagine there will be more merch available as the summer draws nearer (after all, we are only 16 days into '07). keep yer eyes peeled!
1989, 1991*, 1992, 1994
monkeynautt
Counselor
Counselor

Post by monkeynautt »

It now says only US addresses on the order form. That's why I used my grandma's address in Arizona so I could get one.
-Laura
ASA:
Aug 2001 - Shepard
Aug 2002 - Shepard
July 2003 - Goddard
Dec 2003/Jan 2004 - Von Braun
May/June 2004 - Enterprise
Alumni SA:
June 2007 - Challenger
July 2009 - Columbia
Counselor:
Summer 2009
Robotics Counselor:
Summer 2010
Drumrollz
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by Drumrollz »

I think I saw some people I knew- but [darn], I wish those segments had been longer.
SA July 2001

ASA July 2002

ASA July 2003

ASA 8-Day July 2004

ASA 8-Day X-Mas 2004

"Happy New Year! OH WAIT, IT'S NOT THE NEW YEAR YET."
Hotdog
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by Hotdog »

SpaceCanada wrote:I still don't have my 25th anniversary DVD. I guess they won't send them up here...

On another note though, does anyone know what other anniversary stuff they have at the gift shop besides the polo shirt and the badge? I wanted to get the alumni calendar and the monopoly game if they have them. Unfortunately, my e-mail to the camp store was rejected and sent back. Any help would be great.

Thanks
Check out the store, they've added new stuff!

http://www.spacecampstore.com/25thAnnniversary.html
1989, 1991*, 1992, 1994
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

Thanks for the update. Now, if only they made their alumni clothing in extra small or youth sizes! I might still order an alumni shirt though, just for the sake of it.
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017