Did you ever read?

The place where campers hang out after a long day in the sims.

Moderator: Vincent

Joker
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Joker »

Hotdog wrote:i remember back in the 80's when the Young Astronauts was a club you could actually join. i still have the patches, posters, and other stuff from that club somewhere.
Well, yeah. It's totally how Kathryn Fairly knew all about Andie Bergstrom, the first female shuttle pilot.

And Coats got it instead.
U.S. Space Camp, May 1985
Aviation Challenge Staff, 1996-1997
"Livin' in fear's just another way of dyin' before your time." -- Drive-By Truckers
Sandrat
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Sandrat »

Hotdog wrote:i remember back in the 80's when the Young Astronauts was a club you could actually join. i still have the patches, posters, and other stuff from that club somewhere.
Still is a club you can join, just much harder to find. There was a Young Astronauts Club that met in the Challenger Space Center in Arizona betwen 2001 and 2003 at least...
"You made a fool out of young lieutenants. That's not against Army regulations."

CPT Nathan C. Brittles
US Cavalry
des
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by des »

I would love to lead a group like that.
I think I am going to work on a grant for space sciences in the summer at least.

--des
CastAway
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by CastAway »

Huh, those novels actually sound like something I really would have enjoyed when I was younger! Shame they stopped publishing them.
The less time spent in Orion Bay, the better.
Benji
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Re:

Post by Benji »

orion8 wrote:one of my favorite books as a kid was Space Camp:The Great Adventure for NASA Hopefuls by Anne Baird. I used to look at the pictures for hours on end!!
That book was recently featured on the blog Awful Library Books.
Ad astra per aspera.