Adult Advanced Academy

The place where campers hang out after a long day in the sims.

Moderator: Vincent

ACluvR
Camper
Camper

Adult Advanced Academy

Post by ACluvR »

Hey guys. I am debating going to Adult Advanced Space Academy next summer (and then doing the adult AC weekend directly after). Does anyone know if its worth it. I never did it as a kid because my parents would only pay for one at a time and I was obsessed with AC... well there's no weeklong adult AC session and I figured I may as well take the opportunity... I am a sucky pilot, always flew WSO... but am super claustrophobic so am no way in heck gonna scuba... I did the weekend Adult Academy last year, but kinda thought the 6 hr mission sounded interesting... need some thoughts... kinda lost if I should spend the extra K or not... I will have just graduated with my BS so it would be a graduation present... to myself. :)
Stephanie
Bubbles almost everytime
AC ROCKS!!!

AC:06/99, 07/00, 12/00, 07/01, 12/01, 12/02: Counselors were Moondoggie, Krispy, Ace, Sparky, Montano, Pyro, Lurch, Bean:) I also miss Ballistic, Grunt, Doolittle
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

YAY for Adult ASA!!

Adult ASA 8-day is even better! ;-)
(But you have to do 6-day youth or adult ASA to qualify for it.)

I'd say that if you enjoyed the weekend adult camp then you will cartainly like the week-long one. The six-hour mission is superb, there are more briefings, more experiments, more activities, Area 51, SCUBA (at least give it a try), more missions, and so much more! It's fantastic and definitely worth the money!

Hurrah for Adult ASA!

I'm done ranting now...
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
Deimos
Camper
Camper

Post by Deimos »

I say GO FOR IT!! It's soo much fun, and really cool. I haven't been to the adult one or anything, but i'm just speaking in general terms of ASA and the camp itself. I think it would be an awesome thing for you to experience and build on your knowledge of just graduating. I say go for it, it will be benefecial to you and fun!!
Space Academy
Week 40- Deimos June 26-July 1st 2005
Advanced Space Academy
Week 42- Von Tiesenhausen July 2-7 2006
Week 41- Von Tiesenhausen July 1-6 2007
Week 40 - Goddard June 27- July 4th 2008
Adult Space Academy
October 10-13th 2014 Team Discovery
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

As a side note, I just found the very detailed chronicles from the Adult 8-Day ASA 2005 posted online:

http://www.ninfinger.org/~sven/models/PhilsSpaceCamp/

I went to camp in 2004 with all of these people except the author, and they are an amazingly wonderful and brilliant team. I wish I could go back every year like they do. *sigh*
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017