A Smile As Big As the Moon Update on movie

The place where campers hang out after a long day in the sims.

Moderator: Vincent

Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

A Smile As Big As the Moon Update on movie

Post by Boomerang »

Well i thought drugging up the old smile as big as the moon topic but decided to leave that burried and give this a new title and new discussion. For those newer members who may not have heard of the book or just haven't read it the book is the true story of Mike Kersja and his special education class that became the first special needs group ever to attend space camp back in the ate 80s when space camp was more of a smart kids only camp and the struggle that they went through just to attend and how well they succeded once they did. I know vincent has a review of the book under hab files i suggest everyone read it great book.

Anyway last summer i got to meet the author at an educator confrence geared toward educators of special needs stufdents. And i'm on a list server with all the teachers from the confrence including Mr. Kersjas. Well recently he gave an update to us on the movie. Now originally the movie rights for the book had been sold to Disney anf Jerry Bruckheimer who obviously have done nothing with them yet. Well Mike sauid that he has gotten out of that contract due to the fact that they were taking the script in a direction he didnt want to go. So now they have a new director and have gotten Warner Brothers involved and they will be making the film. He says they are getting closer to a script that is useable and production will hopefully begin within the next year.
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador