that saturn V thing....

The place where campers hang out after a long day in the sims.

Moderator: Vincent

thecosmicgoose
Junior Camper
Junior Camper

that saturn V thing....

Post by thecosmicgoose »

i may be crazy, but i dont think the Saturn V thats laying on its side was always there. i've seen a few things floating around the center that hint that it has been there since the days of Von Braun. i dont think it was.

i have very clear memories of going to the USSRC on field trips and never ever seeing it. i even remember seeing pictures of one like it in texas and thinking "awe, why cant we get one like that?!"

when i first saw it, i just figured the Huntsville center snagged it when the Texas space-camp when down the tube. am i wrong?
monkeynautt
Counselor
Counselor

Post by monkeynautt »

There are 3 Saturn V. One in Flordia, one in Alabama and one in Texas. There has never been a U. S. Space camp in Texas, and the texas Saturn V it is at the Johnson Space Center. Space Camp does not own any of the Saturn V.
-Laura
ASA:
Aug 2001 - Shepard
Aug 2002 - Shepard
July 2003 - Goddard
Dec 2003/Jan 2004 - Von Braun
May/June 2004 - Enterprise
Alumni SA:
June 2007 - Challenger
July 2009 - Columbia
Counselor:
Summer 2009
Robotics Counselor:
Summer 2010
Vincent
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Vincent »

It has been there for quite some time. You can even check out some older Rocket Center brochures on this site and it's clearly there...
Who
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Who »

It has been there since the USSRC opened in the 1970s. There is even a picture of Von Braun standing next to it. You can see a thumbnail of it on www.savethesaturn.com
AC Callsign - Who?
USSRC Assistant Graphic/Web Designer 2004-06
Counselor 2002-04