I LOVE SPACE CAMP

The place where campers hang out after a long day in the sims.

Moderator: Vincent

rycho626
Camper
Camper

I LOVE SPACE CAMP

Post by rycho626 »

SORRY i just cant hold it in. Im registering for me flight and this is where i get really spacesick. Its only February and Camp's in august!!! AHHHH!!!!! well i'd just like to know WHY everyone likes camp so much. And dont say i just love everything. there's got to be some specific things. Here are mine.

Unaccomanied Minor:
Yeah I'm getting a little old for it (15) but i dont care i love it. We get free food, free headphones, free soda, drives on the little beeping buzzing carmobile, make friends at camp B4 u get there(pretty amazing i know)!!!, ETC. Its pretty much awsome...yeah.

Airport:
Ok even tho every year something freeky has happened on my flights (first time: emergency landing, 2nd: a few O2 masks fell down, 3rd: woman was pulled off on a stretcher cuz she had a stroke [swat team and everything...creepy) I LOVE THE AIRPORT. especially the two counselors that meet you there. One of them is some blonde lady thats wicked funny the other i dont know lol.[...im gettin friggin butterflies talkinga bout camp].

Time when we get to know eachother:
Best time to really show kids who u r. And to make sick friends which is pretty much also awsome haha. and u just get to know where everyones from, c if anyones from where u r, ETC (i like saying taht in caps)

Time rite when u get to camp:
Now my first and third times this was taken away from me (emergency landing and stupid over heated plane=hour delay) but just walking in and getting ur pass (I LOVE THAT PART I MEAN U FIND UR NAME AND UR LIKE ME!!! OMG [its like a lil suprise partyhahahaha]) Then u turn it around and OMG DOUBLE WAMMY!!! u find out ur TEAM NAME!!! and then u find out WHAT ROOM UR IN!!!!! yeah im hyper jsut bear with me ok?. so u bring ur luggage up and ur like I LOVE CAMP.

IMAX:
i love these. its one of the few times ur with other camp groups and u can socialize with them. and i mean cmon its watching a movie with ur friends. it kinda shows u what life would be like with the kids out of camp. sounds kinda quirky but when u think about it yeah it does. atleast for me.
(sorry the reasons are getting long but keep reading!!)

Lunch:
kind of like IMAX but with food. (even tho the food has been getting pretty crappy. sry its true. i lost something like 3 or 4 pounds last time i went to camp hahaha no liei never ate the food well i TRIED)

After Graduation:
ive got to admit graduation isnt taht exciting for me. Its turnied into a same old same old. What iv like is after graduation. camp's over but u still have a few hours left with your friends. U feel real anxious and butterflylike (like me rite now) and u wish it could last forever. And sometimes ur lucky enough to spend even a few more moment if u go to the plane at the same time and even better when u get on the same connection flight!!!

Well i gg to bed haha high school tomorrow morning. Tell me ur guys stuff i really wanna know

[/b]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ASA August 2006--------Von T
SA August 2005----------Atlas
SA August 2004----------Calypso
SA August 2003----------Deimos
tennisrox014
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by tennisrox014 »

well. on the way to camp I always seem to have flight issues as well. One christmas camp I was supposed to do EALD, but ended up getting to camp a day late due to flight cancellations in Minneapolis and Memphis.
Then this last time, I was supposed to do EALD, but got to camp right on time, after spending the night in Dallas. I had had 3 delays and 2 missed flights to huntsville. It sucked. a lot.

July seems so far away. I'm signing up for 12-day Mach III next week.
Mach III winter '03- Top Gun Award
Mach III spring '04- Top Gun Award
Mach III winter '04- Top Gun Award
Mach III spring '05- Top Gun Award
ASA winter '06
Mach III summer '06
Mach III winter '06- Top Gun Award
LaRsOnAtRiXkIx
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Re: I LOVE SPACE CAMP

Post by LaRsOnAtRiXkIx »

rycho626 wrote: I LOVE THE AIRPORT. especially the two counselors that meet you there.
hahaha yeah, that was like so awesome my frist time, getting off the plane and seeing the ladys in the flight suits, they knew i was me right away haha. the second time i went, my flight was right on time and everything, but no one was at the gate. so i was like omg am i here the wrong week or something? so i went to baggage claim and got my stuff then i was like what do i do...so i went to the delta ticket counter and they paged the space camp lady. it was really awkward..

my favorite thing was like, the first time though on the way in the van from the airport seeing the saturn v from the road for the first time, i was just like whoa.

and i liked being an early arrival both times. got to meet people in other groups/programs and just have fun around camp..riding space shot forever etc.

i want to go back :( you're lucky.
-kristina-
april 1 ~ april 6, 2001
space academy - team calypso
april 6 ~ april 11, 2003
advanced space academy - team von braun
tennisrox014
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by tennisrox014 »

I've only ever done Early Arrival once out of all my times, but I love late departure. Especially this last time, I was the ONLY camper from 3pm friday to 3pm saturday.

The time I was a day late though, no one was at the gate, even though I had called them to make sure someone would be, so I ended up calling 1800-63-space for a ride, because I wasnt sure if someone was on their way or not.
Mach III winter '03- Top Gun Award
Mach III spring '04- Top Gun Award
Mach III winter '04- Top Gun Award
Mach III spring '05- Top Gun Award
ASA winter '06
Mach III summer '06
Mach III winter '06- Top Gun Award
rycho626
Camper
Camper

Post by rycho626 »

yeah when they dropped me and a few kids off at the end of camp at the airport there wanst anyone there so we ran out, got the lady who was about to go back on the bus and she was wicked pised no one was here it was pretty funny actually.
ASA August 2006--------Von T
SA August 2005----------Atlas
SA August 2004----------Calypso
SA August 2003----------Deimos
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

The first thing that stands out in my mind about every trip to space camp was first arriving at camp. Whether it was in my dads station wagon in 91, the camp bus in 93, 96, and july 98 or in a rental car as a tourist in october 98 or for corporate camp in 05 i always love when i first would see the Saturn 1. And in 05 seeing the saturn v replica. Thats when i really knew i was there. I'd seen it in pictures and the movie ofcourse but seeing that made me know i was there or i was back at a place that always felt like home to me.

As for travel i never really had any bad experiances except october 98 on the way home when our flght was canceled and we had to sit in the airport 6 hours waiting for another flight.

Meeting my team was diffrent every time. The first year i was the second person to arive and got the whole orientation and team meeting experiance. The second year got in in the late afternoon about dinner time so missed the early stuff had to meet my team on my own. The third year i was an early arrival so got to be one of the first again. then my fourth year arrived in the afternoon and had to go to my team in the middle of a briefing.
After graduation was always tough because it meant it was over. And my second year i got stuck in a room waiting with a bunch of other people to leave for the airport with nothing to do. My first year and 4th left almost right after graduation. And the third year i was a late departure.

But the best thing about camp every year i went was always the great friends i met many of whom i still keep in touch with.
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador