Unbeleavable

The place where campers hang out after a long day in the sims.

Moderator: Vincent

Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Unbeleavable

Post by Boomerang »

I just found this article while looking for space camp stuff on the net. Warning now this article contains strong language and the worts opinion of space camp i have ever read in my life this guy must have had a real chip on his shoulder he makes several asertions about space camp that are way out there. I'll let you read it for yourselves. http://www.blacktable.com/anderson041208.htm
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador
spacy chick
Camper
Camper

Post by spacy chick »

ha wow...space camp is like a "Hitler-youth style ideology school" it's kinda funny reading it actually....
~Siobhan
Space Camp 2000 - Cygnus- wk 38
Space Academy 2001 - IO- wk 36
Space Academy 2002 - Galileo- wk 38
Adv. Space Academy 2003 - Von Braun- 36
Adv. Space Academy 2004 - Von Braun- 37
ApolloXI
Counselor
Counselor

Post by ApolloXI »

I am not quite sure what this guy wanted from Space Camp. I am wondering if he got a bad team and counslor that week. I never felt that Space Camp was nothing like a Hitler like program, the only connection I can make between Space Camp and Hitler is Von Braun (he was part of the SS, it has been argued if Von Braun knew about the Final Solution and the treat of Jewish people).
Chris
ASA,
Shepard
(12/27/02-01/03/03)
Von Braun
(12/28/03-01/03/04)
Atlantis
(07/03/04-07/10/04)
Adult Alumni Camp
Challenger
(06/14/07-06/17/07)
Columbia
(08/2/07-08/5/07)
Counselor Summer '08
Space Nerd
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Post by Space Nerd »

I actually found that to be halarious.

That being said that guy has a few problems. My guess is that one hes an anarchist and that two he was sadly disapointed by something in his troubled little space academy past. He's obviously very conflicted and his writing reflects that with how contradictory it is in parts. A 'Machiavellian counselor' huh? I've had a lot of counselors some bad and some good but none even came close to comparing to Machiavelli. Oh well, someday he'll stop being mad that the government is bigger than him. I really did find that incredibly funny though and the part about astronaut ice cream couldn't be more true.
~Space Nerd~

"This is not an anomoly, this is real life" -Dan

Game Over
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

I saw this last week too, although I deceided not to share it because it was so confusing and offensive. I think this guy's issues stretch far beyone Space Camp, and only used the camp as an outlet for his anger towards... the government? How the government so strongly ties into Space Camp is beyond me. Crazy nut!

I still vote Space Camp as the best summer camp experience yet!
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
ethlar04
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by ethlar04 »

wow, if he thought that space camp had overtones of military control and such, what would he have thought of aviation challenge?

i know theres the whole freedom of speech thing but this is just stupid and it kinda annoys me.
Ethan

Rensselaer Class of Whenever I Decide to stop Taking Classes!

Space Squirrel
Twinky
George Carlin
Render Your Face!!
Goddard Count off! (the special one)

Week 40 AC Mach III Jolly Rogers
Week 41 ASA Goddard Pilot
MAYTAG
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by MAYTAG »

this is what we call typical uneducated and uninformed america its a pathetic cry for attention
ΣX IΓ 229

Mach II-July 6-12, 2002
ASA-July 5-11, 2003
Mach III- July 12-18, 2003
Mach III- July 3-9, 2004 Gunslingers (Callsign:Tiny)
ASA- July 10-16 Oberth
rycho626
Camper
Camper

Post by rycho626 »

haha yeah this guy is definitly a lil overly-radical liberal first of all, thinking all the conservatives are training.....brainwashed children into NASA minions? yeah well maybe it was the acid he was on....

And i dont recall me ever being a fat, nerdy, adult haircut (what does that even look like?) no it all either.
There are usually 60% normal kids, 20% wacky kids, 10% losers and 10% nerds.

Well, i can understand him having a bad counselor. I odnt know if any of u guys know melanie...or if melanie is here....but, no offense, sshe wasnt the best counselor ive had. Dfinitly turned a few first timers off from coming back.

And that one paragraph describing the kid who liked camp...and the runts...made absolutly no sense at all. i was kinda-sorta reading it and i just saw "banana runt stuck in eyelid" and was like...wtf?????

i def think he is a lil bit eggzagerating on the big details tho.....like i mean i questioned that there may actually be a zero-gravity thing. but then when i actually tried to draw up a picture of it i realized that there was no way that would work. And i could see where her was going with the giant fan...too bad thats definitly an must-be-older-than-18 sort of thing....ocnisdering a 80 pound fith grader would go flying away

yeah this guy is a lil outta wack.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ASA August 2006--------Von T
SA August 2005----------Atlas
SA August 2004----------Calypso
SA August 2003----------Deimos
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
LaRsOnAtRiXkIx
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Post by LaRsOnAtRiXkIx »

haha, that was funny.

i never expected there to be any kind of 'anti-gravity room', but i remember when i was a freshman and missed school for a week to go, after i got back everyone was asking me if i got to 'float around' i was like um no.

when i left after my first trip to camp though, i was a little bit disapointed. i think that was mostly because i had really bad counselors who kinda made the whole week bad. i didnt realize how much i liked it until i had left. so im glad i went again.
-kristina-
april 1 ~ april 6, 2001
space academy - team calypso
april 6 ~ april 11, 2003
advanced space academy - team von braun
Space Nerd
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Post by Space Nerd »

LaRsOnAtRiXkIx wrote:haha, that was funny.

i never expected there to be any kind of 'anti-gravity room', but i remember when i was a freshman and missed school for a week to go, after i got back everyone was asking me if i got to 'float around' i was like um no.

when i left after my first trip to camp though, i was a little bit disapointed. i think that was mostly because i had really bad counselors who kinda made the whole week bad. i didnt realize how much i liked it until i had left. so im glad i went again.
AHAHA. My classmates actually thought i went to space. Litterally. It was pathetic. I just told them yes. :lol:
~Space Nerd~

"This is not an anomoly, this is real life" -Dan

Game Over
tennisrox014
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by tennisrox014 »

OMG!!! That is one of the funniest things I've ever read!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mach III winter '03- Top Gun Award
Mach III spring '04- Top Gun Award
Mach III winter '04- Top Gun Award
Mach III spring '05- Top Gun Award
ASA winter '06
Mach III summer '06
Mach III winter '06- Top Gun Award
thecosmicgoose
Junior Camper
Junior Camper

Post by thecosmicgoose »

HAWH. its like Bill Mahr. only without the clever.

eh, more then likely, this was just some shlub trying to draw attention to his blog by posting (what he thought was, but failed miserably at) amusing militant rhetoric. to give credit, he did have some funny turns-of-phrase. but overall, mediocure and ultamitly irrelivant.
tennisrox014
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by tennisrox014 »

well, I liked it.
Mach III winter '03- Top Gun Award
Mach III spring '04- Top Gun Award
Mach III winter '04- Top Gun Award
Mach III spring '05- Top Gun Award
ASA winter '06
Mach III summer '06
Mach III winter '06- Top Gun Award