Space Camp Books

The place where campers hang out after a long day in the sims.

Moderator: Vincent

SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Space Camp Books

Post by SpaceCanada »

Hey All:

It was a night of festivities in my town yesterday. It was quite lovely as they lit up our big Christmas tree (in towne centre) and turned on the lights on all the other trees on the boulevards - spectacular! Oh, and horse-drawn hay rides too! Anyway, alongside the festivities, our library had a gigantic book sale. (They sell withdrawn books for ridiculously low prices - $0.50, $0.75, $1.00.) I managed to find not one, but TWO books with Space Camp in them!! Wow, who would have thought a small-town library would have books with Space Camp, yet alone the odds of me finding them in the hundreds of boxes of books for sale.

Any-who, the first one is "The Adventures of Mary-Kate and Ashley: The Case of the US Space Camp Mission" - you've all heard of it, I'm sure. It's a kiddish tale about the twins going to Space Camp and solving a mystery of some sort. Alan Bean is in it. The book is based on the show, which you can find on VHS in a few video shops.

The second book is a World Book production, "Science 1991". They have quite a few pages on our 'second home', with photos. I may be able to scan it in and post it. (Don't count on it hapening any time soon though... I'm already super busy!) Check your local library - they might have a copy collecting dust in the reference section.

Cheers!
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017