Dreamm...

The place where campers hang out after a long day in the sims.

Moderator: Vincent

rycho626
Camper
Camper

Dreamm...

Post by rycho626 »

ok i dunno if this sounds obsessive and creepy but i had a dream about camp last night....

ok i was in the unaccompanied minor room in some airport and it was kind of like basketball-game-seating. All my friends that i had lost all contact with were there or atleast some. But when i went up to them to ask their name it would be diferent. When i got to camp it looked alot diferent. Our room was kind of like garage-style with one side totally open and it was outside. I went inside and i saw another friend from my first year but the voice was diferent so I decided it wasn't him. At this point my neighbors (friends) were also at camp looking for their rooms and i told them they were on hab4(or 3?). I went back to my room and my friend Will, who i am in reality planning to meet at camp this year, was there but he was older (even tho its only been a year). Then there were umm...well...three cartoon penguins in our room that were well going to camp? lol yeah ino really weird. and then me and will were going to lunch when...MY MOM HAD TO WAKE ME UP!!!! i had this wicked homesickness feeling for it after....

j/w if ne of u have had dreams about camp lol :D
Last edited by rycho626 on Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ASA August 2006--------Von T
SA August 2005----------Atlas
SA August 2004----------Calypso
SA August 2003----------Deimos
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shenandoah04
Counselor
Counselor

Post by shenandoah04 »

Yes of course!
I've had about 4 memorable ones,
one there was a tornado (hey it's Huntsville!:)) and instead of going inside the Hab, we all went outside to be safe from it... and for some reason Space Camp was selling horses (9th grade)
Another, instead of Joel being the head counselor, my youth group director from church was, and the Hab was in a tree filled with water(again, 9th grade)
A third, my counselor Brandon was making us swim laps in an Olympic sized pool but it was awesome and fun (10th grade?)
And another, my most recent, I was in the hab, and we went on a mission but it was really to space (someone's been watching too many movies :oops: ) and I left my sandals up there, and I kept wanting to go back up to get them, and of course just so I could be in space. (a few days ago)
Don't ask me why none of them actually had anything to do with space camp, but Space Camp always makes a nice setting for any dream.
I have a desire to go back every time I have one of those dreams too... but I just turned 19, and I don't think I'll be going in the next 2 months (May 3)... at least, I don't think I'll be going back as a trainee anytime soon...:)
Also as a result of the last dream, yesterday I made a CD with songs that remind me of Space Camp... mostly they are 80s songs, but they are still awesome... even though I know the details for the... Mach... argh... the people that sing the Space Camp CD *I have the details somewhere, and they're also somewhere on the forum!* I can't seem to ever find it to buy it... grarr.
Lisα
---
2000/Week 41/Team Atlas
2001/Week 41/ Team Shepard
2002/Week 39/Team Gagarin
SC/Robotics Counselor 2009 :mrgreen:
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

I have had all kinds of odd-ball Space Camp dreams. (You know you are obsessed when...)

One dream I had was that we were in our EDM but the orbiter and station were submerged under water. To do any of the EVAs you had to don SCUBA equipment and go outside the airlock. It was really neat, like the NEEMO projects I guess but in something like the NBL.

Another dream I had was that I was a counsellor at camp. It was weird because the campus was slightly different than it really is. There was this concrete short wall around Pathfinder near the Mars Vallis Marinaris building. The wall had the Space Camp logo and words on it. Any-who... the dream was just about how I got to take the kids around and teach them stuff. Then the counsellors got to do their own super EDM.

Hmmm... and the one I had tonnes of times was that all the buildings at Space Camp were designed like the Habitat buildings. Everything was cylindrical with that courrogated metal. All the buildings were connected with glass 'tube' walkways.

Some of the missions I dreamt of recently were really amazing too - so involved and intricate. Like I said before, I could easily plan a mission that lasted a week in itself. I had that dream before too. You spent a week or two preparing for the mission and then a week in the orbiter and station executing the mission. There were tonnes of experiments, EVAs, checklists, shift-sleeping, and a few minor anomolies to keep things interesting. The people in MOCR wouldn't be bored either because they would have loads of things going on there too: press reports, experiment data analysis, their own experiments, mission planning, problem solving, and, of course, the odd anomoly. Everyone would sleep in shifts and in their off-time they could do non-MOCR fun stuff like robotics or design projects.

Any-who... I dream up the oddest things, especially recently.
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
psych0rabbit
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by psych0rabbit »

I can't recall any space camp dreams. I usually dream about school . . .wait, that's more like a nightmare!
spacegirl129
Camper
Camper

Post by spacegirl129 »

once i dreamed that when we went there during our mission, our simulator lifted off the ground and into space. we rode around in low earth orbit for 4 years and when we got back we all had to go to jail. happy dreams, huh?

<<<---- plz look at my prettiful avvie!
shenandoah04
Counselor
Counselor

Post by shenandoah04 »

I. LOVE. Your. Avatar!!! That is the coolest thing I've ever seen. Don't forget the duct tape! :D
Lisα
---
2000/Week 41/Team Atlas
2001/Week 41/ Team Shepard
2002/Week 39/Team Gagarin
SC/Robotics Counselor 2009 :mrgreen:
spacegirl129
Camper
Camper

Post by spacegirl129 »

I. LOVE. Your. Avatar!!! That is the coolest thing I've ever seen. Don't forget the duct tape!

Thank you! I made it myself.... I think its a little fast, though...
Space Nerd
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Post by Space Nerd »

It does seem a little fast but i give you 100 points for creativity! I'm far to lazy to actually do anything that creative. :lol:
~Space Nerd~

"This is not an anomoly, this is real life" -Dan

Game Over
CastAway
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by CastAway »

So... last night I had an interesting dream almost completely about Space Camp.

Basically, the idea was that I went down to USSRC and snuck into the Space-Camp-only areas to hang out. Of course, this dream had its own degree of rearrangement of scenery, in that the cafeteria area was down on the training center floor, and that being at the tables had a distinctly being-at-astrotrek-working-on-stuff feel, and rightfully so, since there were people working on stuff there.

So... here's the general idea. I went across the floor to the station where ASA was having their mission's station part, and I went in, just to hang out. Except that this was a completely different module, sitting to the right of the Enterprise one, so I was kind of wondering why they were doing that. In the station were Ryan, a guy from my team; Tommy, a good friend of mine; and a few others that I happen to know. So I'm sitting in there, hanging out, and for some reason, I decide to walk back outside, where I see some other people at those astrotrek-esque tables working on some stuff. As I'm out there, Toothpick passes by, so I cover my face with my jacket (dunno why I have it) to keep him from seeing me so I don't get thrown out. I almost went back in, but then I realized that the reason they probably wouldn't want me back in was the liability and the fact that I hadn't signed a waiver, so I decided to go ahead and leave.
The less time spent in Orion Bay, the better.
cheshire
Camper
Camper

Post by cheshire »

Gosh,
You all are lucky
All of my dreams seem to be nightmares. As you can probably imagine, I don't sleep very well.
That would be so cool to dream about space camp!
"The secret of creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
Albert Einstein.
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

Ok i know this is dragging up an old topic but i can't help it because i had an intresting space camp dream last night. I assume i was at the alumni reunion next year because several of my old teammates from 98 were there all looking 9 years older just like they should but still recognisable. I think we were upstairs in the big classroom in hab 2 that i forget what they call it now but many years ago it was called the team room. Well for some reason they werfe having some kind of ceremony where they gave each of us a real launch and entry suit complete with escaper harness and everything, a royal blue flight suit and matching flight jacket basicly the standard astronaut clothing issue. I have no idea why unfortunately like so many dreams i woke up before it was over.
Jason original callsign Loverboy
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Corporate Space Camp 2005
AC Counselor Summer 07 callsign Boomerang
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
Official Space Camp Ambassador
DanM
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by DanM »

I had one about when I went to camp and my counselor told me to call him Orville. Then we went into a room about robert godard and early planes crashing. My mom had weird dream about camp when all the family members came with. Then we had to go in a winding hallway and get in and out of a boat then carry it. My mom said in the dream one of the pastors from my church said, "Thats a sin! with that you go slow, but with jesus youll go very fast." Gee, what has she been eating????????? :? :?
Last edited by DanM on Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

LOL you're already having fdreams about camp and you havenmt even been there yet. Ok now you know you must be excited about going just wait till you go you're going to be as obsessed with camp as we are.
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
DanM
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by DanM »

I had another one last night! It was very strange. There was a kid on my baseball team in my bay, and my baseball coach was there to. He yelled at the kid and I for using the mercury simulator the wrong way. It was wierd that the sim was in the bay. Later we did some weird thing when we had to throw water baloons into a pool which was exactly like my local pool. Then we did water survival and we accidentily played war. We were standing on opposite sides of the pool, and AJ from fairly odd parents yelled "Wait, War, Battle? This was suposed to be a fun water survival thing, but we got into a war!" But then I woke up, and I have been thinking about space camp since I woke up. :D
Last edited by DanM on Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DanM
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by DanM »

Once I had a dream when I was in space camp in peru, in the dream I was eating my shoe, I woke with a fright in the middle of the night, to find my dream was not true.LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not really.
ApolloXI
Counselor
Counselor

Post by ApolloXI »

Disturbing Mental Image ahead :!:

This weekend I had a nightmare that all of Space Camp, USSRC and Aviation Challenge had burned down. Lets say after that nightmare I didn't get much sleep most of the night. :cry:
Chris
ASA,
Shepard
(12/27/02-01/03/03)
Von Braun
(12/28/03-01/03/04)
Atlantis
(07/03/04-07/10/04)
Adult Alumni Camp
Challenger
(06/14/07-06/17/07)
Columbia
(08/2/07-08/5/07)
Counselor Summer '08
Boomerang
Counselor
Counselor

Post by Boomerang »

:!: more disturbing imagery ahead :!:

Last night i had another weird dream i was at space camp sort of. but i was staying in a trailer in a trailer park near the camp. When a tornado hit next thing we know the trailor is being driven away as i watch space camp and AC getting destroyed. That was definately not a good dream.
SC 1991
SA Level 1 1993
AC Intermediate 1996
ASA 1998
Adult Alumni Camp 2007
Adult Alumni Camp 2008
CastAway
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by CastAway »

Geez, I sure hope no one else has one of these destruction dreams... if it were actually prophetic I wouldn't know what to do with myself!

I need to have a new Space Camp dream. Preferably one that's a mysterious crossover with Battlestar Galactica. I think I had one of those once.
The less time spent in Orion Bay, the better.
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

I dream of Space Camp frequently. It's either me as a counsellor, me with free roam of the place, or some futuristic version of camp. My brain creates all kinds of fun Space Camp dreams. I haven't had a scary one yet.
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
DanM
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by DanM »

I had this dream a while ago. I walked in the museum, and there where a few model rockets. I saw a kid who was on my team last year. THen it started to get wierd. I saw a cavem man from the geico commercial in a labcoat holding a clipboard and waving it in the air around a robot on some mars surface display to walk around on.
Space Camp July 9-14 2006
Phoenix Bay-Team Armstrong

Space Academy June 17-22 2007
Bay 205-Team Orville

Advanced Space Academy-June 26-July 1 2011
Bay 221-Team Von Braun