Inside Joke

The place where campers hang out after a long day in the sims.

Moderator: Vincent

rycho626
Camper
Camper

Inside Joke

Post by rycho626 »

ok, i hate being one of those people who just sits down and says "remember when" but this is a must. Do u have any inside jokes/ funny stories from camp? Here's a few of my favorites:

Remember when you have to guess whether an item is invented for space or not? Well my group had beef jerkey and i decided to make a play where two kids are sitting on a bench saying they're bored and wishing they had something freeze-dried, high cholestorol, crusty meat when the BEEK JERKEY FAIRY COMES! lol it was wicked funny. then i got a counselor to buy me a pack of beef jerkey and i went around at lunch giving it to random people and stephanie was pretending to be the fiary. it was hilarious.

my first year there was this kid Mike (i think...NO!!! space camp memories are drainging from my mind!!!) and one day at lunch he just stood up on the table and screaming BOLOGNA (like its pronounced). the mess hall went quiet and he jumped down and went to get a boloney sandwhich. it was priceless.

finally,
[the beef jerkey fairy has decided this one to be slightly too mean and has thus removed it]

we were laughing for hours :lol:
Drumrollz
Top Gun
Top Gun

Post by Drumrollz »

It was quite early in the morning, on our 24 hour EDM this last X-mas.
And Tim, Meg, Hillary, and I were going through a checklist.

And the instructions included "Anum - Num". At which point, we all start laughing like maniacs, and said "Anumnum!" about four million times a piece.

Little things.
SA July 2001

ASA July 2002

ASA July 2003

ASA 8-Day July 2004

ASA 8-Day X-Mas 2004

"Happy New Year! OH WAIT, IT'S NOT THE NEW YEAR YET."
Space Nerd
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Post by Space Nerd »

^ Its true.

Hahaha... Still not nearly as cool as the ghetto russian fax machine... Not so much an inside joke though.
~Space Nerd~

"This is not an anomoly, this is real life" -Dan

Game Over
LaRsOnAtRiXkIx
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Post by LaRsOnAtRiXkIx »

i think most 'remember when' thingies are only funny if you were there, but..
there were only 4 girls in advance academy the week i went, so obviously the 4 of us shared a room and we got really close. on the last night we decided to have a 'slumber party' so we got candy from the vending machines and put all our blankets on the floor and stayed up talking like little kids. in the morning when the counselor came to wake us up she opened the door and was like 'what the hell are yall doin' haha, i think it was just the way she said it that made it so funny.

during my year at academy, i had come to camp with one of my friends from summer camp. we had brought a lot of junkfood with us figuring that camp food would suck. on the mexican food day, we decided that chips and salsa were really good, so we took the lil plactic containers from jello or something that was for desert, and emptied them out, then we filled them with salsa and wrapped it up somehow and brought chips back too. we were in there alone and a girl from another team that was in our room came in and was like IT SMELLS LIKE TACOS IN HERE and we were like 'yeah, some random kid just came in and farted then left' and the girl was like oh.

oh man camp is so much fun, i miss it.
-kristina-
april 1 ~ april 6, 2001
space academy - team calypso
april 6 ~ april 11, 2003
advanced space academy - team von braun
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

My first year at camp I brought a lot of snacks because I didn't know what camp food would be like. While watching Destiny in Space I got hungry, reached into my backpack (which was on the floor) and started eating some OREO biscuits. I offered some to the people next to me but they looked at me with the most disgusted look ever. I later found out that they thought I was picking up the biscuits from off the floor and eating them! Needless to say, my second nickname that week was 'OREO'.
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
Carrie
Camper
Camper

Post by Carrie »

Hehehe, that reminds me of the time I had just put on butterscotch scented lip balm in the shuttle, and Phil comes in to show us what to do, and he gets this look on his face like he smells something funny. I explained what the smell was, and he says, "Oh! I was about to ask if someone was making caramel corn in here"! :P
Adult Space Academy Sept. 24-26, 2004
shenandoah04
Counselor
Counselor

inside jokes

Post by shenandoah04 »

Well, we had a few girls on our team who by the end of the week convinced everyone else that toothpaste (crest? i think) serves a dual purpose as a zit cream.
and then there was the girl in our group whose name I won't say b/c she probably prefers that I don't, in Space Academy, who was chosen to go up for the ISS demonstration. And she was put in the mock-shower that had "an astronaut" sing... see, we're still not sure about that one, we are convinced it was actually her singing..."lalala!" 'cause she is the type of person that would do that...
then that same girl and I were running around during survival training-- the counselor had said, "now, if you've ever crash landed, don't run around in circles yelling "we're all gonna die!"... so that was exactly what we DID, instead.
Then there was another girl, Leah, and me, who kept being astonished by our similarities- we met at camp.
space camp was shweetness.:)
And then... wow. Too many.:) I'll post more as I remember them
Lisα
---
2000/Week 41/Team Atlas
2001/Week 41/ Team Shepard
2002/Week 39/Team Gagarin
SC/Robotics Counselor 2009 :mrgreen:
SpaceCanada
HabForum Junkie
HabForum Junkie

Post by SpaceCanada »

Toothpaste can serve as blemish creme, but only the white pastey stuff, not the gel. Put a little dab on the blemish before bed and wash it off in the morning. The paste causes the skin to dry out, which naturally shrinks the blemish. You can also use white paste toothpaste to fill in pin holes in white walls. It cleans silverware, shoes, old coins, and even dishes if you become desparate enough. Hooray for toothpaste.
- Jennifer -
Youth ASA 6-Day 1998 1999
Adult ASA 8-Day 2004; Alumni 2007, CSC 2013, 2015, 2017
Carrie
Camper
Camper

Post by Carrie »

So it's almost as useful as duct tape? Hehehe :D
Adult Space Academy Sept. 24-26, 2004
MAYTAG
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by MAYTAG »

blasphemy(sp?)

nothing is as useful as duct tape
ΣX IΓ 229

Mach II-July 6-12, 2002
ASA-July 5-11, 2003
Mach III- July 12-18, 2003
Mach III- July 3-9, 2004 Gunslingers (Callsign:Tiny)
ASA- July 10-16 Oberth
Space Nerd
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Post by Space Nerd »

Furthermore i wouldnt reccommend the toothpaste in small holes if you live in an apartment or somewhere you may be moving out of. It has a tendancy to make the landlord types very angry.
~Space Nerd~

Game Over
shenandoah04
Counselor
Counselor

Post by shenandoah04 »

Darn it, that was one I was considering! I live in an on campus apt... and... have put way too much junk up on my walls! So I was looking for a fix... :wink:
Lisα
---
2000/Week 41/Team Atlas
2001/Week 41/ Team Shepard
2002/Week 39/Team Gagarin
SC/Robotics Counselor 2009 :mrgreen:
psych0rabbit
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by psych0rabbit »

I have bubble wrap on my walls!! Hehe, me and my padded room. :P
Space Nerd
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Post by Space Nerd »

Its worth a try but dont be surprised if they get picky about it. We moved into a house once where the former owners did that. It was really, really annoying.
~Space Nerd~

Game Over
golferdude
Camper
Camper

Camp stories

Post by golferdude »

Oh man I have so many camp like my first year my bunk group found one of those little yellow construction workers and its name was Elgin. Then my second year I seriously started all these activities at night in our bunk room. For instance we did a you got served spoof where one of my friends and I did a dance off. Then we also had a night where we did duct tape laser tag.
"Closing time.............."
psych0rabbit
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by psych0rabbit »

Duct tape laser tag?! How do you play that? lol, you must share! :D
Space Nerd
An Original Seven
An Original Seven

Post by Space Nerd »

That sounds... Scary lol.

The boys had a rave in their room last summer it was interesting. (Note: There was video floating around of it at one point...)
~Space Nerd~

Game Over
golferdude
Camper
Camper

duct tape laser tag

Post by golferdude »

You tape targets on your chest, and back and then roll up duct tape balls and chuck the balls at each other.
"Closing time.............."
psych0rabbit
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by psych0rabbit »

*Girly side coming out* Oh, the thought of it landing in your hair! How painful! I don't want duct tape balls being thrown at me, lol.
rycho626
Camper
Camper

Post by rycho626 »

i have a good one from this year

At night we're all up talking in our beds with only the desk light on (counselors cant see its light from the door) and i see this black thing moving up the side of matt's bed (hes on the bunk ontop of the lockers furthest from the door) and im freaked out and cant even get the words outta my mouth so im just gaping and pointing at the lockers and matt goes "Whats Wrong? and i yell COCKROACH! right when he looks down and the cockroach goes in this indent so he can see it and then the cockroach goes charging up onto his bed and comes within inches of matts face and matt screams and goes into the corner of his bed but the cockroach keeps coming so he JUMPS ACROSS to the bunk bed on the OTHER SIDE OF THE ROOM. Nick says he sees a cockroach on josh's bed so josh jumps onto that pole on the bench from his bed and matt's still screaming and me and will and jim are laughing our heads off and this kid randomly to add to the pandemonium stands up and starts dancing around the room saying IM GAY EVERYBODY!!!! IM GAY!!!
Then a counselor came in and goes "What in the hell is goin on!?" and we all point at him and scream COCKROACH! in unison so he thought there was one on him so he screamed and yelled WHERE!?!?!!?

lol good times
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ASA August 2006--------Von T
SA August 2005----------Atlas
SA August 2004----------Calypso
SA August 2003----------Deimos
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~