room 210

The place where campers hang out after a long day in the sims.

Moderator: Vincent

Vincent
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Vincent »

Yes, fortnight is British. I figured I'd go all the way back home (so to speak) with that reference!

...On a side note, way to stress the metre. That's one thing that bothers me here...a meter is a device for measuring. A metre is a unit of length. No one ever bothers to take the time and care to differentiate.
HurricaneErin
Counselor
Counselor

Post by HurricaneErin »

My favorite musical is "Guys and Dolls" and I love the song that goes "I love you, a bushel and a peck, a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck". I was alwsys like "what the heck is a bushel?". Then in physics in high school I come to find out that a bushel is an actual unit of measure. That cracked me up, and makes me love the song even more.
Callsign: Hurricane
Space Camp Counselor Summer 2006
Space Camp Counselor Christmas Camp 2005
Space Camp Counselor Summer 2005
Space Camp Counselor Summer 2004
Advanced Space Academy Christmas Camp 98
Space Academy Level 1 November 96
Carrie
Camper
Camper

Post by Carrie »

I believe a peck is an actual unit of measure also, and that's what the song is referring to, rather than a kissing "peck" (on the other hand, it's probably an intentional double meaning).

But you probably knew that... :)
Adult Space Academy Sept. 24-26, 2004
HurricaneErin
Counselor
Counselor

Post by HurricaneErin »

I think I might have known about a peck being an actual unit of measure - who knows. I just got done with finals, so my brain has shut down. (Which is bad when I have to go teach kids about space this summer :D ) I should have just busted out my physics book.
Callsign: Hurricane
Space Camp Counselor Summer 2006
Space Camp Counselor Christmas Camp 2005
Space Camp Counselor Summer 2005
Space Camp Counselor Summer 2004
Advanced Space Academy Christmas Camp 98
Space Academy Level 1 November 96